Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Kid is Amazing

First of all, for those of you that don't know I actually have two amazing children. One likes her anonymity and the other is in the Air Force. Sean deployed on Monday, called from Ireland on Tuesday, then also on Tuesday from Kuwait and Qatar. Instead of complaining about how tired he was, he was awed by how many countries he was in within a 24 hour period. God bless him, what a great attitude. He called again on Wednesday from Qatar shortly before he left for Iraq, I imagine that call will come tomorrow (phone rings). Actually it just came now!!!! The connection was not as good as the other countries but he is good. Has a T.V. and a fridge. I got that and he'd call tomorrow before the called dropped. The text messaging work too. We may all want to buy stock in AT&T as this deployment is going to last 6-8 months and I've already received five phone calls and 2 text messages. I am by NO means complaining, there are many things I will gladly give up to pay the phone bill. The one thing I won't give up is my new cocktail invention. I call it the "deployment cocktail". Dissolve crystal light lemonade in really good orange juice and shake with ice and vodka. Quite yummy!!! It is a treatment not a cure. Anyway, I now know there is a 7 hour time difference between here and Iraq. I know that at 4:00 am Kuwait time it was 95 degrees and 115 in Qatar during the day. Yikes, that is hot!!! Can't wait to hear the weather report from Iraq. I'll keep you all posted on what's happening. Peace & Hugs PAFM, Susan

2 comments:

Debra A. Estep said...

Lady you CRACK me up...

"Quite yummy!!! It is a treatment not a cure."

Just go easy on the CURE over these next few months. :))))

HUGS
Deb

PAFM Karen said...

I love the "deployment cocktail" I will be trying it myself in a few months, I imagine. I was thrilled to hear that you got to talk to Sean on his journey; my heart breaks that he is so far away. Please share his APO so that I too may send care packages to him.
All my love and support,
Karen