Friday, May 23, 2008

My Bubble Burst!!!

As so many of us Air Force parents do, I placed myself in a little bubble (big bubble?) of denial. Well my bubble has burst. Sean is deploying to Iraq on Monday. I have been luckier than most, in that his deployment training was at Fort Dix and so I got to see him pretty often. In fact the last 3 out of 4 weekends including Mothers day. I don't think I saw him that much when he lived at home. He was supposed to have leave this weekend and come home but some boneheads got drunk and stupid, bad combination and all off base leave and liberty was canceled. So instead of a fun relaxing weekend in NY with great restaurants (before all the MRE's he has to look forward to) and lots of fun things to do: my daughter and I will head back to Fort Dix. Again, I consider myself lucky, it may not be plan A, but we'll make it a hell of a plan B. That's what's going on here.

No comments: