Friday, May 23, 2008

A post from the AF Moms & Dads group

Hi Ya'll, I knew I could count on you to understand "breathe". So now some details. I texted Sean when I landed in Atlanta and he was thrilled. About 20 minutes later I got a call "where are you?". I told him I had just picked up the car and was leaving the airport. I got a few "where are you calls along the way". It was so cute! Sean and Jamie met me at the gate and I got a crushing hug from my son.It was wonderful. No tears yet. I met Jamie for the first time andwe embraced. She told me Sean was jumping out of his skin all week,he was so excited that I was coming for a visit. That was so nice to hear. Sean told me that Jamie was nervous about meeting me, also nice to hear. A few minutes later Jamie had to go to her post. Sean and I went out to dinner (actually brought it in Gilmore Girls style)and went back to his dorm and talked and caught up. The next day, he slept and Jamie and I had a girl bonding day. We went for brunch, manicures and pedicures (her first pedi) and shopping for their engagement gift. Unfortunatley that was pretty much the last I saw of her, she was ill and couldn't join us for the rest of our excursions. The next day Sean and I went to the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta. Quite amazing. The day after we went to Savanah to visit with my favorite uncle and aunt. (The pictures from that trip as well as Jamie and Sean are on another camera and have not been uploaded yet.) It was a most relaxing weekend. I don't know how, I drove almost 850 miles between Friday and Tuesday. I even managed to read a book while I was there. It was so GREAT seeing Sean in his new enviroment. I've never seen him so happy or in his element like he is now. He and Jamie are a wonderful couple and I'm thrilled that she is joining our family. As it turns out I may see him again in a few weeks, he has leave and is coming to NY at the end of the month.Unfortunately he is being deployed to Iraq in April. I may go to Georgia again in early March with my daughter so she can meet her future sister-in-law. I can't begin to tell you what an awewome trip it was. I haven't felt this relaxed or rested in I can't remember when. I stayed at the lodge right on the base. I had a 2 bedroom suite with a fridge and microwave. The kids liked hanging out in the room to watch cable, which of course they don't have. And we had plenty of room since it was a suite. I'd stay there again in a minute. The town of Warner Robins has NOTHING. Lots of fast food restaurants and some chain stores, Walmart and Target, but really nothing. And I didn't care because I was with my Airman!!!!! I'll try to get more pictures up soon. Peace & Hugs PAFM, Susan #13 NYC

No comments: